Sunday, July 15, 2007

Its not about the bike : My journey back to life


Reached Bangalore and checked in to my rooms for a holiday stay ( or shud I say a hard earned vacation after my chaebol stint at Hyundai). Earlier Saw this book '' Its not about the bike : My journey back to life ,the auto bio of Lance Armstrong '' at the airport. Lance had become synonymous with cycling and tour de France. Being myself a speed freak be it F1 GP or Biking or cycling or be it the aircrafts. Lance shares with my other hero Schumi,Senna as well as the Ferrari V engine whom, I had idolized . Read thru the cover note and found to be neatly laid and inspirational one too. The 16$ price tag was something my eyes soured over.The book was still in my mind and as usual took a BMTC bus to the residency road ,scouted thru the Church Street , and there found the book seller Murugan , after speaking to him in some broken Kannada & Tamil got the book at Rs.50 / ( slightly > $1 ,as this being a pirated one).He respects me a lot as I had been one of his patron customer since 2004 (god, he easily makes 300 – 400 a month from me) .

Then went back to my room after my routine visit to the India coffee house on MG road gulping in 2 hot southi coffees ( not the filter ones) . Started reading this book and lo had finished half the book and didn't notice that 5 hrs have gone on this. Am still reading on , but the reason for me to sit on this blog is thou it had served my appetite of speed, adventure, comeback spirit ,team building and as usual a beautiful description of the virgin countryside and the forests , what has really affected me is the parental care and the upbringing of children pointed there.Mention of single mother,single father, divorcé ,partner etc… was as common as an adjective or a conjunction.

Upbringing of Lance had been a peculiar one by his single mother , who wud have changed 3 partners at least ,but noneth she mad sure Lance got all he wants. The mother son relationship had been portrayed with excellent hue's .

From my own instance , I had opportunities to grow / interact with buddies from a similar backgrounds. They really crave for the conventional home setup. Many a times I had thought & felt sorry for them. One set of these individuals are highly introvert and they banish themselves in to oblivion in a course of time ,in a bid to erase the past for reasons unknown. They either change their topographical co-ordinates or snap all the contacts .Then there are the ones who live up with the society like our hero Lance. I feel these individuals are self made / independent to the core & and can handle any crisis with élan than other individuals from conventional households.

It is also on our part ( I wont say onus ,as these are purely individualistic) to share and foster whatever u can with these individuals, as you will find people who treasure your relationship than anybody else ,as they know what it is to have a person who cares for them….

1 comment:

DRAVIDIAN said...

Its fortunate that we have caring parents and a ideal home.But its true
that not al are blessed with that.Dat too ppl don have it and still be social and come out good means that they are really independent and strong willed.